Sunday 12 August 2012

Backyard Pirate Ship - Day 13

Bonjour.

Wasn't planning on working at the shipyard today as we had planned a day at Fundy, but weather was not supposed to cooperate.  Wife and kid headed to one of her friends (a fellow hobby farmer) and I planned on taking a nice Sunday nap.  Couldn't doze off so I went out in the drizzle and started doing some chores around the farm.  Then the rain died down a bit so I broke out the tools.


As you can see, the threat of more rain was always present and it did pour quite a few times. An trust me, this photo does not do dark clouds justice.  I had to seek refuge in the ship once or twice. Temperature was around 26 degrees so the light rain was refreshing to work in though.  The sun even managed to poke through a few times but when it did the humidity and sun combined was stifling.  And when the rain stopped completely, squadrons of mosquitoes would dive in.  If it wasn't for my lightning fast reflexes, I could have easily lost a quart of blood today.

Building supplies store near our house was closed today and I didn't want to go to Moncton so I scavanged for the few pieces of 2x4 I needed to finish framing the railings on the bridge.  Then I covered the bottom part of the railings (top part will be some sort of patterned pieces). 







I now have only 3 boards left and a bunch of small 2 and 4 ft pieces.  I will have enough to finish the main deck railings, the doors and the hatch but for all the trim pieces, I think I'm going to need Doug or Brett to strap a small bundle to the roof of their car the next time they go up to Doaktown.

Back to work tomorrow so likely no update on the ship for th next few days.

So I guess this means, to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Salut André,

    Très impressionnant !!! Wow lâchez pas les gars c'est un beau projets.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete