Monday 30 July 2012

Backyard Pirate Ship - days 8 + 9

Been a few days but I've still been keeping busy.  Keep in mind that I am on vacation so did take it a little easier this past weekend.

So Saturday I started by framing and covering the back portion of the main deck.



Well technically, it isn't part of the deck but rather it will be a cannon chamber.  With an opening leading to below deck.




I also built another ladder for this room but I'll eventually change it as this on doesn't have enough of an agnle built into it.




Yesterday I finished framing the cannon chamber as well as the doorway leading to the main deck. So structure wise, this thing I would say is 90% complete.  I do now apparently have to find a way of squeezing in a brig in this thing though.




Covered the front part of the cannon chamber to straigten things out and as you can see, Mathieu is already burying treasure.




Today the most I may get done is to get the two 4X4s I need to finish the masts and braces for the rope bridge that'll go from the bridge to the crow's nest.  Aside from that I really don't think we'll even get the tools out as it is another beautiful sunny day here and I think we may head to the beach after lunch.

Arghhh.



No comments:

Post a Comment